We’re looking for a talented Business Development Representative (BDR) who will play a key role in building pipeline and generating leads to support our rapidly growing business. As a key member of the outbound sales team, you will work closely with our new business development, account management and marketing teams to research, prospect and create opportunities.
The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter with high energy and a competitive mindset that can learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced environment. We empower our employees very early in their careers so confidence and maturity are also key as you will be communicating frequently with senior stakeholders at the largest global financial institutions and non-financial corporates.
- Utilize all available lead generation channels to qualify prospective clients within target markets to drive new sales opportunities
- Work with sales to understand our total addressable market and penetration rates across various market segments to formalize a prospecting game plan
- Attend conferences, industry events, webinars, and client meetings to help identify and qualify potential leads
- Update Salesforce with key information on prospecting activity and account intelligence
- Collaborate with both marketing and sales teams to support successful outreach campaigns and follow up on leads generated by those campaigns
- Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly reviews of key performance metrics
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Economics, Econometrics, Finance or Business Management
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
- Strong understanding of how to use social media outlets like LinkedIn and Twitter to identify potential clients
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic, capable of delivering on aggressive target metrics
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office programs including Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams
- Interest in macroeconomics
- Experience with SalesForce CRM
- Cold calling experience at a SaaS business
Working at Macrobond
Work with smart, entrepreneurial problem solvers to help shape and deliver solutions that transform the way economists, strategists and portfolio managers analyze, visualise, and share economic and financial data.
Macrobond, a global fintech company, delivers cutting-edge B2B SaaS research solutions to economic and financial experts in buy-side, sell-side, corporate, government, and academic sectors. With backing from Francisco Partners, a prominent global tech investment firm, we're headquartered in Malmö, Sweden, and have offices in Gothenburg, London, Poland, Lisbon, Hong Kong, and New York. Our revolutionary platform, rich intellectual property, and a rapidly growing international team position us as a global leader in the macroeconomic data and technology sector.
Our success is built on our people and our values: Trust, Adaptability and Knowledge. Our workplace is built on trust, openness, and a non-hierarchical culture – one where everyone can openly share their ideas and perspectives across roles, teams, and geographies.. Our colleagues get responsibility from the first day at work. Everyone has a great opportunity to grow, learn and work in a high pace international environment. We encourage a workplace where everyone can share their thoughts and ideas openly across levels, locations, and departments; we believe that we become stronger as a team and this enables us to deliver better results.
We embrace a flexible, hybrid working environment as part of our agile approach so we can better anticipate and respond to the needs of our colleagues, customers, and the wider industry.