As Data Analyst in our Hong Kong office, you’ll be responsible for maintaining and expanding macroeconomic content in the Macrobond application. Your work will be focused mainly on sourcing data from national, international & private data sources, as well as performing database administration. You may be considered for a junior, regular or senior role based on your experience and knowledge.
- Processing & implementing data in the database in an accurate and timely manner
- Filtering & scrubbing data to identify data patterns and correct data problems
- Communicating with sources to ensure that data is maintained at a high standard
- Finding & defining opportunities to improve work processes (data automation & structuring)
- Cooperating with team members & your team leader, sharing knowledge with less experienced colleagues
- Taking part in internal projects as you develop within the organization
- Experience from similar roles would be an advantage
- University degree (Bachelor or above) in Economics/Statistics/Finance or similar
- Fluent English, required for handling data, internal tools & cross-department communication
- Fluency in one Asian language (e.g. Bahasa, Vietnamese, Thai, Korean, Japanese or Chinese)
- Proficiency in using Excel
- High attention to detail and analytical approach to data filtering & data processing techniques
- Very good research skills, including advanced web browsing
- Right to work in Hong Kong (IANG visa holders are welcome to apply)
Working at Macrobond
Work with smart, entrepreneurial problem solvers to help shape and deliver solutions that transform the way economists, strategists and portfolio managers analyze, visualise, and share economic and financial data.
Macrobond, a global fintech company, delivers cutting-edge B2B SaaS research solutions to economic and financial experts in buy-side, sell-side, corporate, government, and academic sectors. With backing from Francisco Partners, a prominent global tech investment firm, we're headquartered in Malmö, Sweden, and have offices in Gothenburg, London, Poland, Lisbon, Hong Kong, and New York. Our revolutionary platform, rich intellectual property, and a rapidly growing international team position us as a global leader in the macroeconomic data and technology sector.
Our success is built on our people and our values: Trust, Adaptability and Knowledge. Our workplace is built on trust, openness, and a non-hierarchical culture – one where everyone can openly share their ideas and perspectives across roles, teams, and geographies.. Our colleagues get responsibility from the first day at work. Everyone has a great opportunity to grow, learn and work in a high pace international environment. We encourage a workplace where everyone can share their thoughts and ideas openly across levels, locations, and departments; we believe that we become stronger as a team and this enables us to deliver better results.
We embrace a flexible, hybrid working environment as part of our agile approach so we can better anticipate and respond to the needs of our colleagues, customers, and the wider industry.