This happened in 2017.A lot has changed over the course of a year... 2 new versions, over 10 million (!) time-series added to the database, and the start of our very own blog, Macro 'n Cheese. If you didn't manage to keep up with it all, here are some of the highlights.
This year a major focus has been making navigation of the database more intuitive. Since the database has a variety of different access points to view data, naturally there wasn’t a one-size-fits all solution. Below are a few examples of what we’ve done, and links to the application database so you can see for yourself.
- Optimized data organization based on the original source structure in the Economics By Source view
- We’ve used the original source structure (when possible) in the Economics By Country view
- Increased the number of indicators available via the By concept view for quicker and easier cross-country comparison
- IHS Markit Iboxx
- IMF GFS
- IMF CPIS
- World Bank GFD
Emerging- & Frontier Market Coverage
- National source coverage for 10+ additional countries
- Increased coverage of Banking & Credit
- More granular coverage of a variety of categories, for example Exports & Imports, as seen below
Custom Data Navigation
- Bookmark positions in the database
- Mark series as favourites
- See when series have been used in other documents
Analytics & Charting
Yes, you can now perform VECM using our VAR analysis in the comfort of your very own application (it's very exciting).
See it in action
This long-awaited chart style is live and kicking, and it works for bar charts too! Our bubble chart tutorial will get you up to speed in no time.
Watch the tutorial
The latest updates allow you to:
- Export to PowerPoint
- Run full-screen slide shows
- Work on charts across multiple monitors
- Auto-paginate large groups of charts
How-tos & Tutorials
Macro 'n Cheese
Every week, Roger Josefsson, our Chief economist, writes a post on a topic that catches his eye. Below are a few examples for your perusal (click to read). If you like them, sign up to get Macro 'n Cheese delivered straight to your inbox on Fridays.
As a Macrobond user you can download the charts in these posts to see the data Roger uses and how he builds the analyses. If that doesn't pique your interest, then I assure you, Roger's delightfully sardonic take on things will!
Subscribe to Macro ’n Cheese