As Data Specialist in one of our teams, you’ll be responsible for maintaining and expanding macroeconomic content in the Macrobond application. Your work will be focused on sourcing data from national, international & private data sources, as well as performing database administration. Please note that you may be assigned to a junior, regular, or senior role based on your skills and experience.
- Collecting, processing & entering macroeconomic data in the Macrobond database in an accurate and timely way.
- Use economic knowledge to identify trends and ensure quality of data.
- Communicating with sources to ensure that data is maintained at a high standard.
- Finding & defining opportunities to improve work processes (data collection automation & structuring).
- Cooperating with other team members & your team leader.
- University degree (Bachelor or above), preferably in Economics, Statistics, Finance, or related field.
- Experience in a role related to macroeconomic/financial data analysis will be an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of English (other languages are a plus).
- Good practical knowledge of MS Excel.
- High attention to detail and an analytical mind.
- Good research & web-browsing skills.
- Permit to live/work in Portugal (if foreigner).
Working at Macrobond
Work with smart, entrepreneurial problem solvers to help shape and deliver solutions that transform the way economists, strategists and portfolio managers analyze, visualise, and share economic and financial data.
Macrobond, a global fintech company, delivers cutting-edge B2B SaaS research solutions to economic and financial experts in buy-side, sell-side, corporate, government, and academic sectors. With backing from Francisco Partners, a prominent global tech investment firm, we're headquartered in Malmö, Sweden, and have offices in Gothenburg, London, Poland, Lisbon, Hong Kong, and New York. Our revolutionary platform, rich intellectual property, and a rapidly growing international team position us as a global leader in the macroeconomic data and technology sector.
Our success is built on our people and our values: Trust, Adaptability and Knowledge. Our workplace is built on trust, openness, and a non-hierarchical culture – one where everyone can openly share their ideas and perspectives across roles, teams, and geographies.. Our colleagues get responsibility from the first day at work. Everyone has a great opportunity to grow, learn and work in a high pace international environment. We encourage a workplace where everyone can share their thoughts and ideas openly across levels, locations, and departments; we believe that we become stronger as a team and this enables us to deliver better results.
We embrace a flexible, hybrid working environment as part of our agile approach so we can better anticipate and respond to the needs of our colleagues, customers, and the wider industry.