Macrobond delivers the world’s most comprehensive source of economic intelligence for financial professionals, together with the analytical tools that help them quickly find, analyse and visualise relevant data.
Established in 2008 in Malmö, Sweden, we are a rapidly growing SaaS firm serving more than 800 customers globally from our offices in London, Stockholm, New York, Hong Kong, Lisbon and Szczecin.
Since 2023, we have been backed by Francisco Partners, a leading global investment firm that specializes in partnering with technology businesses.
As Data Analyst in our Hong Kong office, you’ll be responsible for maintaining and expanding macroeconomic content in the Macrobond application. Your work will be focused mainly on sourcing data from national, international & private data sources, as well as performing database administration. You may be considered for a junior, regular or senior role based on your experience and knowledge.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Processing & implementing data in the database in an accurate and timely manner
- Filtering & scrubbing data to identify data patterns and correct data problems
- Communicating with sources to ensure that data is maintained at a high standard
- Finding & defining opportunities to improve work processes (data automation & structuring)
- Cooperating with team members & your team leader, sharing knowledge with less experienced colleagues
- Taking part in internal projects as you develop within the organization
Our requirements for this role: :
- Experience from similar roles would be an advantage
- University degree (Bachelor or above) in Economics/Statistics/Finance or similar
- Fluent English, required for handling data, internal tools & cross-department communication
- Fluency in one Asian language (e.g. Bahasa, Vietnamese, Thai, Korean, Japanese or Chinese)
- Proficiency in using Excel
- High attention to detail and analytical approach to data filtering & data processing techniques
- Very good research skills, including advanced web browsing
- Right to work in Hong Kong (IANG visa holders are welcome to apply)
What we offer:
- Consistent scope of responsibilities
- Comfortable, stable & friendly work environment focused on utilizing your skills in the best way
- A chance to contribute to a growing business
- Private health care, employee benefits & training possibilities
If you're interested in what Macrobond has to offer and you think you can be the right match for us, click the button to fill in a short questionnaire and submit your CV. Good luck!