Become a part of Macrobond – a global Fintech company that provides a B2B SAAS research system and datafeed solutions to professionals working with economic and financial data. Client-facing offices are located in Hong Kong,New York, and London and with global HQ in Malmö, Sweden. Backed by a leading Nordic PE investor, Macrobond has the IP, the muscles, and the stamina to become a global leader in its space.
As a Data Sales Associate, you help our clients to become successful and proficient users of Macrobond’s datafeeds and help them improve their workflow. A day in the life of a Data Sales Associate would be lead generation (20%), data crunching and PoC (40%), internal development (20%) and administrative tasks (20%). Client satisfaction, retention, and onboarding are some of the important KPIs which you achieve primarily by:
- Ensuring that clients and users are fully equipped and capable to use and derive superior value from Macrobond’s datafeeds.
- Working on proofs of concepts (PoC) to showcase the quality of our data and tailor it to the clients’ requirements by generating sample files and guiding our clients through the datafeeds requests and This also includes generating leads (cold calling) and documenting our processes (internal tools and Salesforce).
- Ensuring that we position the most optimal datafeed solution to fit our clients’ existing workflow. Most optimal is defined as: the right technology, the appropriate contractual terms & conditions (compliance) and the relevant data pricing.
- Facilitating collaboration across departments and offices at the client’s side (business, market data and IT) as well as at Macrobond’s (Content, R&D and Sales).
- Ability to interact with and influence senior decision makers in a professional and respectful manner.
- Building and promoting long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them, understanding, and helping to deliver on their needs.
- Helping to identify market trends (Content & Technology) and ensuring there is knowledge about them across the organization.
- Monitoring customer activity and health, adoption metrics, and renewals of risky accounts.
- Working closely with Sales Managers to provide insights on expansion opportunities and renewals.
The Ideal Candidate
An ideal candidate for this role will have an analytical mindset and a keen interest in macroeconomics, financial markets, and applied research. You enjoy working in a client-facing role and understand how data can be used to inform strategic decision-making. We would like to see that you have:
- Interest in the financial industry and experienced working with some of our client types or have a good understanding of our clients’ workflows.
- High-level knowledge of Python, R, SQL or similar for analyzing large sets of data.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills that can adapt according to audience and situation.
- A natural curiosity about finance, economics, societal development and how this all links together to form trends and patterns.
- A strong sense of work ethics and you are willing to walk the extra mile when needed.
- The key desired behaviours are: autonomy, ownership of projects, passion and enthusiasm.
- MSc or Bachelor’s degree in economics/finance/project management/computer science or relevant work
If you feel you are the right candidate and you're interested in what Macrobond has to offer, please submit your CV. Good luck!